I LOVE the holiday season! The lights, the food, time with family and friends, and the music! I love it all!
There are so many Christmas and holiday songs out there that it’s hard to choose, and there are also so many renditions and covers that it makes it overwhelming. So I want to dedicate this post to the songs I love the most when it comes to this time of year.
- “The Christmas Can-Can” by Straight No Chaser- y’all! I love this song so much! It’s basically a joke of “Christmas culture” and it’s hilarious. I HIGHLY recommend you listen to it if you haven’t already.
- “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” by Thurl Ravenscroft- I call myself a Grinch all the time, so it only makes sense that this gets put on my list.
- “Mary, Did You Know” by Pentatonix- I know this song gets done frequently, but I love the Pentatonix version. (To be honest, I love just about anything Pentatonix)
- “12 Days of Christmas” by Straight No Chaser- They do this song differently and so well that I just love how it sounds.
- “Little Drummer Boy” by Pentatonix- This version is easily the best version I’ve ever heard of this song.
- “There’s a New Kid in Town” by Chris Young (ft. Alan Jackson)- This song is told from the perspective of the wise men coming to see Jesus, and I just love the harmony of their voices. Speaking of Chris Young…
- “Under the Weather” by Chris Young- This is one of the few “romantic” songs that will be on this list. But this one is just super cute, and I just love it so much.
- “It Must Be Christmas” by Chris Young- This is just kind of an observation of how he recognizes Christmas. It is super sweet.
- “Away in a Manger” by Pentatonix- This version is super slow and gives me chills every single time. It’s so good!
- “Who Spiked the Eggnog?” by Straight No Chaser- This song makes me laugh every single time.
- “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas?” by Gayla Peevey- Who doesn’t want a hippopotamus for Christmas?
- “Indiana Christmas” by Straight No Chaser- This song always hits home because I’m from Indiana, so it has to be included.
- “I’ll be Home for Christmas” by Meghan Trainor- I like this version because it’s different, and I like the spin Meghan puts on it.
- “We Need a Little Christmas” by Johnny Mathis- Realistically, I like every version of this song, but I’ll include this one.
- “That’s Christmas to Me” by Pentatonix- This version is especially good if you watch the video to go with it. It shows a lot of home movies/ Christmas memories of the members of Pentatonix, and it’s just really sweet.
- “Winter Wonderland” by Perry Como- Again, I like most, if not all, versions of this song. It’s a classic.
- “Joseph’s Lullaby” by MercyMe- It’s told from the perspective of Joseph, almost as if he is praying to God.
Realistically, I love just about anything by Pentatonix and Straight No Chaser. And I definitely enjoy the classics like “Sleigh Ride”, “Jingle Bells”, and “White Christmas”. But I feel like a lot of the ones I mentioned are a little more obscure and therefore more fun. I really hope you enjoy my recommendations, and that it provides a better insight into what I listen to in the holiday season.