Need a last-minute holiday gift, but are you low on cash? Well, then you came to the right place! Today I want to share with you a DIY tutorial of how to make a unique marbled mug using nothing but water and nail polish! These turned out so cute, and they were super easy to make!
- Plain mug (I got mine from the Dollar Tree)
- Disposable container that you don’t mind being stained and large enough to submerge the mug most of the way
- Nail polish in whatever colors you choose
- Warm to hot water
- Nail Polish Remover (for mistakes)
- Fill up the container with warm or hot water.
- Pour nail polish into the water, and use a toothpick to swirl designs the way you want them.
- Dip the mug in water and swirl a little. You want to work quickly so the nail polish doesn’t clump in the water. Also, you don’t need to keep the mug in the water for too long. A few seconds is all it needs.
- Use the nail polish remover to clean up anything you don’t like, or if it is too close to the rim of the mug.
- Let it dry for a few hours (recommend at least 4) before you package it.
And that’s it! I’ve seen some tutorials where they put an acrylic sealant on it to keep, but that’s totally up to you. It’s also up for debate whether or not these are dishwasher safe, so you may want to do some research on that for yourself. I hope you enjoy this week’s Weekly Roundup, and don’t hesitate to let me know what you think about it!