Hi! Hopefully you’re here from my post talking about why bad days are important. I want to give you some tips on how I survive bad days!
- Cry- Tears are an emotional response. It doesn’t always mean that you’re sad. For me, crying is because my mind is overwhelmed and can only focus on one thing. It helps to calm me down and make things better.
- Be active- The other night at work, I walked two miles instead of my usual one. The activity helped to clear my mind and work through everything I was dealing with in a more sensible way. So walk, run, dance, box, whatever activity works for you.
- Pray- If you’re a religious person, prayer can be a powerful thing. Feeling overwhelmed the other day really drove me to my knees, and I spent a lot of time in prayer.
- Talk to a friend- Even on my worst days, I have a support system I can trust. They really helped me get through what I was dealing with.
- Have a plan of action- There were a few things that I could change, and once I got past the point of tears, I started developing a plan for the things I could change.
- Accept what you cannot change- There were a few circumstances that were not really preventable in what happened. I can spend my time worrying about them, or I can let them go because I can’t change them. I’m not perfect at it, but that’s what I try to do.
- Accept that the day may not get better- I’ve had bad days that have turned into good days, and I’ve had bad days that haven’t turned into good days. Both are okay. Not every day has to be good.
What do you like to use to help you cope with bad days? Are any of my tips helpful? As always, feel free to let me know what you think!