I am ASHAMED I’m writing this post. Before this past weekend, I truthfully cannot tell you the last time I cleaned my hairbrush. It was awful, and I am embarrassed.
But truthfully, I write this post as a guide for all of you. It took me a while to find something that would clean my hairbrush well. The results are INCREDIBLE, and I don’t want my hairbrush to ever get that bad again. So, here is the one I found that works.
What you need:
- Warm water
- Bowl or sink
- Clean out your hairbrush with any loose hair that you can pull out.
- Fill a bowl with warm water (I just used my sink).
- Squeeze some shampoo into the water and mix it around until it’s nice and bubbly. The ratio doesn’t matter.
- Submerge the brush in the shampoo mixture.
- Using the toothbrush, scrub the hairbrush. I did this while keeping the hairbrush in the sink. It didn’t splash as much.
- Let it dry, and you’re done!
- This will take some time. I think it took me about 10 minutes to get everything off, but again, my hairbrush was BAD.
- I also rinsed off my hairbrush a few times just so it wouldn’t get over bubbly.
- I found it easier in some cases to pick off what was wrapped around the bristles by hand than using the toothbrush.
- Because my hair is long, I did have to clean out the toothbrush a couple times.