I had some overripe bananas a couple of weeks ago, and had decided to make some banana bread! Unfortunately, the day that I wanted to make banana bread, it seemed that everything would go wrong. I was originally going to make it in the Instant Pot, but I didn’t have a pan big enough. Then I realized I was out of eggs and didn’t want to go back to the store. (My original recipe called for an ingredient that I had to buy separately because it didn’t get picked up in groceries.) So I experimented a little and came up with this eggless banana bread recipe!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 3/4 brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda until combined.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Mix the butter and brown sugar into the mashed bananas.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients mixture into the banana mixture.
- If desired, mix in nuts and/or chocolate chips (optional but highly recommended).
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
And that’s it! I used an extra banana and some baking powder to work as my rising and binding agents as opposed to the eggs! It came out delicious!