I got an Instant Pot for Christmas, and I have loved getting to use it and figure it out. It makes cooking things easier, and I know it’s taking off in popularity.
In addition, I also like making hard-boiled eggs. They’re a great, healthy snack with lots of protein and other nutrients. So I want to share a recipe with how to make them perfectly in the Instant Pot. The yolks neither turn gray nor are they runny with this method. As a final note, my dad is actually the one to figure this out, and he shared the recipe with me. This in turn allowed me to share it with all of you.
- Instant Pot
- 1 cup water
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- Pour the water in the Instant Pot and add the eggs. Lock the lid in place (valve should be set to seal).
- Using the “Pressure Cook” setting on High, set the cooking timer for 3 minutes.
- Once the three minutes are up, let it sit in the Instant Pot for an additional 3 minutes without releasing the steam.
- Release the valve, unlock the lid, and grab the insert of the Instant Pot (use some sort of hand covering because it might be hot) and place it into the sink.
- Immediately fill the whole insert with cold water. This will stop the cooking process. Let the eggs sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs and put them back in the water for at least three minutes. This let’s the water get under the shell and make the eggs easier to peel. Peel the eggs. I found that peeling them under the water also helped peel them smoothly.
- Either serve, make something else, or refrigerate, depending on what youre doing.
And that’s it! Perfect hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot! Let me know any thoughts you have or even if you try this method!