I’ve had this blog for over a year now, and while I tell stories about my life, I have yet to do something solely about me. So that’s what I’m going to do today. Here is a list of 20 things you may not know about me.
- I have a scar on my ankle that I do not ever remember getting. It sits on my right ankle right above my foot. It has been there for as long as I can remember.
- I have never broken a bone, had a concussion, or been hospitalized for any reason. With as much as I get injured, this may be surprising, but it’s true. I have, however, sprained my ankle and injured both of my wrists, and both of those are permanent injuries.
- I am left-handed when it comes to writing, eating, bowling, and batting, but I am better with my right hand in most sports. I play basketball better right-handed (even though I still suck), my right foot has a stronger kick, and I throw right-handed.
- I do not like flavored milk. At all. None. Chocolate, strawberry, even milk that has been infused by cereal. Most of the time when I eat cereal, I eat it dry so I don’t have to deal with it at all. Honestly, once ice cream gets too melted, I cannot eat it anymore because it reminds me of flavored milk. However, I really like milkshakes and ice cream. I don’t know if it’s a texture thing or what.
- There are parts of history that I do not like. This is a big one because most people know I love history. However, especially in American history, the stuff between the War for Independence and the Civil War does not really interest me. Obviously, I still study it, and obviously I will still have to teach it, but it is not my preference. I really like the American Revolution and everything from the lead-up to the Civil War to today, but not really the stuff in between.
- I want to be a college professor someday. Right now, I am studying to be a high school history teacher, but my dream is to get my doctorate and teach at the collegiate level. I think it would be so fun to teach college.
- Christmas and the Fourth of July are my favorite holidays. I love the season of Christmas (after Thanksgiving) and the meaning of Christmas. I love being with family and going to church and celebrating Christmas. But I love the Fourth of July because of what it means and being able to launch fireworks to celebrate our freedom.
- I have always wanted a Hummer. Specifically, a royal blue H2. I know they are not super economical, but I think they’re cool. That being said…
- My dream car is a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air. My favorite one is a dark navy with the 57 light blue as trim. I think that car is gorgeous.
- My favorite flower is a poinsettia. Yet another reason why I like Christmas. My favorite flowers pop up everywhere and are only available that time of year. I know that they may not be the prettiest flowers, but they are my favorite nonetheless.
- I have really sensitive eyes, ears, and palette. Things that are too bright (like laptop screens or the sun) hurt my eyes. Super high-pitched and really loud noises hurt my ears, and I am able to individualize certain ingredients or tastes, which is why…
- I cannot stand the taste of coffee. Even in mainly sugar drinks where coffee is one of the smallest ingredients, I can still taste it. The only time I can handle coffee is in tiramisu. However, tiramisu is not something I usually request. I will eat it if offered to me, but I will not ask for it in a restaurant.
- In the realm of caffeine, the only soda I have drunk in the last six years is 7Up or Sprite to settle my stomach when I don’t feel well. Even then, it’s not a common thing. I do MAYBE one a year, possibly even one every two years. Again, only when it’s necessary because I feel sick. Otherwise, I drink water, lemonade, juice, or tea.
- I have everything from a small to a 2X in my closet. While I usually run in the medium-large range depending on the shirt, I have multiple smalls, a few XLs and one 2X in my closet.
- I prefer my hair up. My hair gets so long and thick that it is heavy on my head. It gets in the way, and more often than not, you will see me with it up.
- My body temperature is lower than most people’s. My “normal” temperature is about a 97.1. There have been cases where I’ve had a 98.6 temperature, and because of my symptoms, it was a fever, albeit a low one.
- I do not like asking for help. I consider myself very independent and I don’t always feel comfortable asking for help. It could be something as small as trying to reach something on the top shelf. I would rather climb and get it myself than ask a tall person to get it for me.
- My favorite dessert is pumpkin cheesecake, and my favorite actual food is cheese. If you haven’t had it, you’re missing out. It’s pretty fantastic! Also, I think just about everything is better with cheese, because cheese is amazing.
- My favorite movie is Tangled, and my favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird. I always say that I’m a 5 year old at heart, and I think having a Disney movie as my favorite proves that. But I also really love history and especially things people may not consider about history, like the impact of racial prejudice in the 1930s.
- I hope to one day be fluent in sign language. I know that is kind of random, but I really love watching people sign and learning to sign myself. I think it would be really cool to maybe be an interpreter someday or something.
So that’s 20 things that you may not have known about me! I hope you enjoyed what I said, and maybe you even learned something new. I know I don’t talk about it as much, but you are always welcome to leave a comment or question or email me about anything I say, including stuff like this!
One thought on “20 Things You May not Know about Me”
Pingback: Introducing Me | Battle Kim of the Republic