It’s Weekly Roundup time! I have another new recipe for you. Well, more a lot of recipes. I knew I wanted Mexican flavor this week, but didn’t fully know what I wanted. As I was scrolling through Pinterest, I came across an idea, and I tweaked it to fit me. I’ll tell you where I got all my ideas, and then mention what my final product entailed!
The main idea came from Jar of Lemons. Find the recipe here: https://www.jaroflemons.com/meal-prep-chicken-burrito-bowls/ . I liked the idea, but I wanted to add some more flavors. This recipe had a good idea with corn and rice, but no way to prepare either of them.
When in doubt, I turn to my favorite carnitas recipe from Fit Foodie Finds. But I knew I was using chicken, so I wasn’t looking for the meat recipe. Instead, I made my favorite Street Corn that she pairs with her Carnitas. Find the recipe: https://fitfoodiefinds.com/meal-prep-carnitas-burrito-bowls/. I also used the Cilantro Lime Rice from Fit Foodie Finds as well. Get that recipe: https://fitfoodiefinds.com/copy-cat-cilantro-lime-brown-rice/.
So the original recipe from Jar of Lemons mentioned an avocado lime dressing. I could buy one, but that’s too easy. So I found one on Pinterest. This one comes from My Life Cookbook, and is actually paleo-friendly. Check it out here: https://mylifecookbook.com/creamy-avocado-lime-dressing/
Now for my final ingredient list:
- Cilantro Lime Rice (I use white rice instead of brown)
- Lettuce- I bought a bag of Hearts of Romaine
- Grape tomatoes
- Street Corn
- Black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Avocado lime dressing
- Mango Pico de Gallo- I found one of those 8 oz. tubs in the produce section and thought it would be good with it (it is)
- Chicken- because plain chicken is gross, I’m going to tell you what I used to season my chicken. I bought Taco Bell’s chicken seasoning packet, added some olive oil, paprika, minced garlic, salt and pepper. I diced the chicken and cooked it in a skillet with olive oil
That’s it! It turned out so good! I love experimenting with new recipes and making things work for me! Hope you enjoy this week’s Weekly Roundup! Let me know if you try it or if you have other ideas you want me to experiment with!