Fall is my favorite season! Maybe it’s yours too, or maybe you don’t really have a fall (or autumn) where you live. Regardless, I want to share with you the things I love most about fall!
- The Colors!- I have to start here! The leaves on the trees change color, and it just gets so beautiful. I love all the reds, oranges, and yellows. There are a lot of trees on campus, and the main road gets so pretty!
- The weather- This time of year, it always gets to a nice temperature. It’s not usually scorching hot or freezing cold, which brings me to my next point:
- The clothes- Don’t get me wrong, I could wear shorts all year! However, I love the flannels, boots, jeans, jackets, hoodies, and other fall fashions that come around this time.
- Sports- Baseball is one of my favorite sports, and while that goes on all summer, we get to the postseason. Even though my team is out, I still enjoy the playoffs and World Series. I also love basketball, and fall is basketball season! The big one though is American football. Football pretty much only happens during fall.
- The flavors- Apples and pumpkin are especially prominent this time of year, which is totally fine. I love apple cider and pumpkin rolls and pumpkin pie. It is never a problem to me that these become more available.
- Halloween!- Honestly, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I don’t like horror movies or haunted houses, but I love Halloween and the whole vibe it brings. I could easily decorate any living space with the Halloween decor section and just leave it up all year.
- Pumpkin carving- There’s just something about cutting into a pumpkin that is wonderfully appealing to me.
- Bonfires/fires- I think fire is so pretty, and I love fall because it’s acceptable to have large bonfires. Plus, I love the smell that fire leaves on my clothes. It smells so good to me!
- Food- Fall is always associated with comfort foods, and I love them all. I’ve already made a batch of white chicken chili. I will probably make some regular chili as well. Warm, comfort foods like chili are the bomb!!
- Seasonal things- My favorite scent is Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte from Bath and Body Works. But it’s not available year-round. I also currently have a Halloween-themed candle for the apartment. There is also seasonal food and drinks, like pumpkin spice lattes, Octoberfest beers, and let’s not forget the controversial candy corn.
Fall, in my opinion is the best time of year. These are simply ten things that I love about it! I love all that fall brings!