Yes, you read that right. It says revolutions not resolutions. Resolutions, in my opinion, have a negative connotation. People set resolutions for themselves, and then most of them get broken in a couple of weeks or months. So, that being said, I have a challenge for you here in 2017. I am setting “revolutions” for myself of things I want to improve, not just flat-out change. If this speaks to you, then feel free to make your own list of improvements, or revolutions.
In 2017, I want to be:
- Kinder to those I come into contact with.
- Stronger in my faith.
- Stronger physically or working on being in better shape.
- Learning to eat healthier.
- More minimal when it comes to possessions.
- More mature.
- More patient in frustrations.
- Closer to the ones I love.
- More practically minded.
- Worrying less.
- Listening always and speaking less.
- Stronger in my friendships.
- Stronger in my relationship.
- A better cook. (Random I know, but I don’t cook near as much as I want to)
- A better writer. (this blog has helped a lot)
- Creating more memories.
- Cleaner, especially for like my room. (those of you that know me know what a disaster that can be)
Now, these are pretty basic, and there will be days when I backslide. However, you change when you persevere through failure. I want to work hard to be closer to the best me I can be. I am truly blessed to have a great community of family and friends to love and support me no matter what. I know those that care will be there to help and encourage me through the tough times and challenge me to be better. Change begins once you step out of your comfort zone. I may not reach every goal I set for myself, but I want to at least improve. There are always things I can make better.
If this list or the idea struck a chord with you, why not do something like this for yourself? One of my favorite quotes (I actually used this in a previous blog post) says, “The question isn’t who’s going to let me but who’s going to stop me?” I have found a few things in myself that I want to change or improve and I am not going to let other people’s opinions stand in my way. We have one chance at 2017, and “I am not throwing my shot.”
2 thoughts on “New Year’s Revolutions”
8 and 12 😀
Pingback: Introducing Me | Battle Kim of the Republic