Do you ever just work at something and no matter how you try, you can’t seem to get it? Sometimes it’s a physical thing that stops you, but a lot of times, it’s a mental block.
I am trying to learn new things this summer, and I get frustrated because I can’t get them as easily as I feel I should. And it takes some work, but I need to remind myself that it’s okay not to be perfect.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who struggles with this. So for today’s post, I want to give some tips and tricks of how I work through mental blocks. These are things I use to help me. And what may work for me may not work for you. So try lots of things to help you get out of your mental block.
- Focus your mind- Try to visualize the goal you need to accomplish. Get that to be the main thing in your mind so you can start working towards it.
- Isolate the problem one step at a time- Work on one thing and then the next. Take baby steps. It doesn’t have to be a lot all at once.
- Give yourself a pep talk- I do this all the time. Remind yourself you can do it, especially if it’s something you’ve done before. Even if it’s something new, you can still give yourself a pep talk to try to help you accomplish it.
- Get a drink of water- Even something as simple as a drink of water can help you reset your mind and renew your focus.
- Do something else- Sometimes the best way to treat a mental block is just to leave it alone. If you work on something else, sometimes when you come back to the project that was causing a block, you’ll find that it’s much easier to handle.
- Keep trying at it- While it’s good sometimes to change projects, you can also get through a mental block by continuing to do the activity. There’s no specific formula as to when you keep pushing and when you try something else.
- Take a walk/ get some exercise- like the water tip, this one is super simple. A short walk, a few squats, or some other form of movement may help clear your mind.
- Brain break- Do something that doesn’t make you think. It could be a game on your phone or something simple like that.
I think that’s it for today. Work through your mental blocks, but remember to be easy on yourself yoo!;